11 January 2017

a walk in the snow

Last Saturday, we got our first real snow of the year! It probably ended up being 4-5 inches when it was all done and it was super cold and windy all day. Naturally, we thought we should take a walk in it!

















We walked up through Prospect Park to the library (I had another book to pick up!) and then took the train home, because by that point we were freezing and covered in snow. The whole time we were out, I regretted not bringing my umbrella! Next time, I'll remember. Even if it was fairly extreme weather, it was nice to take a walk! There were lots of people out - we saw a bunch of people cross-country skiing and dogs rolling around in the snow. Still...I won't be sad for later this week, when the high is near 60. I don't think I'm a winter person - the whole time we were out on the west coast, I never once missed freezing temperatures or walking through knee-deep snow or having to wear a million layers to go outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment