16 January 2017

the day after the snow



The day after our snowstorm walk, we decided to venture out again for a walk - this time, it was nice and sunny! And even kind of warm. We walked up through Prospect Park to the botanic garden. Our walk was a lot longer than we intended because we found out that the southern entrance to the garden was closed when we got there and had to walk all the way around to the northern side...only to realize it was also closed, and continue to the eastern entrance (which would have been faster to reach from the southern one, if we'd realized!). We definitely got our steps in!

















The botanic garden was mostly closed off because of the snow and ice on the paths - which is why the entrances had been closed - but luckily, it was clear to the greenhouses, so we took a short walk around. We've only been there a few times when there's been snow on the ground, because it just doesn't stick around in New York. It's really pretty to see everything covered in snow, so I'm glad we went!

















I'm still getting used to and amazed by my new camera! Haven't made any more progress on the manual, but I did learn out how to set it to focus manually and how to set it on high or low key modes...so I'm getting there. Before I started my camera research, I thought all digital cameras would feel cheap compared to my old metal beast...but this one actually only weighs a tiny bit less than that one and feels super sturdy. I might still have an analog bias, but I definitely appreciate and enjoy digital too!

No comments:

Post a Comment