26 February 2017

non-februrary february



For as much as I miss the not-so-wintery winters of the west coast, the last two years back east haven't been very wintery either. There were one or two snowstorms, but both of them melted right away, and been kind of warm the last few weeks. I won't complain, because I hate cold weather, but I do feel sorry for the farmers who are going to be affected by the lack of cold weather that they need for their crops! Anyway, last weekend, we took advantage of the warm weather and melted snow and walked up to the botanic garden. We were greeted by tons of crocuses! So winter is actually almost over (even if it's just a mild one). I'm really looking forward to summer and to eating outside, the sun staying up after work, our park being full of people, not having to spend ten minutes putting on outerwear to stay warm, going to the beach!, and the farmer's market being full of berries and summer veggies. Not to get ahead of myself, and I'm sure all seasons have their virtues...



















After we were done soaking up the warm sunshine we came home and watched Veep and sat around with our two monsters. And now I can even take photos of both of them! Before, my camera wasn't smart enough to figure out how to take pictures of Finny (the black one) so I just had a bunch of dark blurs and black holes when I tried to take photos of him. Now, even if it's night time, I can mess with the settings to get a decent picture of him! Still, practicing restraint with the number of cat photos...we don't have infinite storage!



1 comment:

  1. Love all the folk items from Mexico! The bright colors are so cheerful, especially on the textiles.

    ReplyDelete